Hammam’s were a type of body cleansing, steaming and detoxification that originated in Turkey. There are many variations of a Hammam, from large communal bath houses to individual relaxation temples.
The Hammam practice is a variant of the Roman bath, steambath, sauna, or Russian banya, it is distinguished by a focus on water, as distinct from ambient steam.
Spa Lotus has focused on the relaxation and benefits of a tradishional Hammam whilst varying the overall build to suit our clients needs. The Spa Lotus Hammam is a dome suited to up to 6 people at one time, however it is only booked as one person per treatment unless requested for couples or group bookings. Your privacy and comfort is part of making your Hammam experience a truly special one. You will walk into a stunning dome of aqua and gold mosaic tiles, you can wear whatever your comfortable in including bathers a robe or towel. When you sit on the contoured benches you will experience the lights diming down and starry lights appearing on the ceiling, the stem begins with relaxing music and you drift to an escape of somewhere else entirely. Hammam treatments are ideal on their own or before any other luxury spa treatment, a body wrap, massage or facial.
Benefits of your Hammam steam experience;Steam Room Benefits
1. Blood Circulation. Exposing the body to heated rooms such as steam rooms or saunas increase the pulse rate by as much as 30 percent. This allows the body to pump more blood throughout the body to improve circulation overall. Experts believe that steam rooms with lower levels are capable of normalizing blood pressure to improve heart function.
2. Body Detoxification. Steam rooms cause the body to sweat profusely, allowing the body to secrete as much as 22-30 percent of toxins in the body. This helps to improve liver and kidney function by taking away much of the detoxifying responsibilities of these organs. Steam also opens the pores, allowing you to better cleanse the skin.
3. Respiratory Functions. Several disorders can cause the development of mucus which will clog the respiratory system. Steam therapy will help to melt this mucus so it is easier to drain it from the body. Steam rooms are superior to dry air saunas in this regard as the dry air of a sauna can in fact increase respiratory complications.
4. Joint Pain Relief. Joint pain is frequently caused by poor circulation to these areas. Steam rooms will help to increase blood flow which can provide relief to those suffering from conditions such as arthritis.
5. Body Relaxation. Steam rooms are an ideal way to relieve stress and relax the body. Many find that taking the time to enjoy a steam after a long day is a wonderful addition to their routine.
6. Healthy Skin. Using a steam room provides comprehensive and intensive cleansing for the skin. It also encourages circulation throughout the body and blood flow to the skin so the skin can get the nutrients it needs more easily. Steam rooms have been found to be superior to body wraps in treating cellulite, enhancing collagen development, hydrating the skin, increasing the metabolism and emulsifying fat in the sebaceous glands.
7. Immune Boosting. Exposing the body to an environment with a very high temperature will temporarily cause fever. This will cause the body to release antibodies that are typically used to combat infectious microorganisms. Doing this consistently will help to improve overall immune system function.
8. Weight Loss. The high temperatures in a steam room will increase the body’s metabolic rate, making it easier to lose weight.
9. Hyperthermia. Hyperthermia refers to the body raising its temperature as an attempt to kill off and expel impurities that can harm the body. Steam rooms can artificially induce this condition to make it
easier to kill off these infectious bodies.