Now is the perfect opportunity to take a break and experience some of the Top End’s adventures without the usual crowds of the busy tourist season. From scenic flights, airboat rides and waterhole swims to crocodile cruises and fishing charters you’re spoilt for choice in the Top End.
- Cruises on Nitmiluk Gorge in the Katherine region operate year round, whether it be a two gorge cruise, or a thrilling ride on the high waters in a powerboat or for a different perspective, see all 13 gorges by air in a helicopter!
- Enjoy your own personal spa at Buley Rockhole at Litchfield National Park, it’s a wonderful spot to take a refreshing dip.
- Check out The Peninsula Way – discover some thrilling water sports at Berry Springs, go fishing at Dundee Beach or take an adventure from the bush to the beach on a quad bike tour, learning about Top End history as you go.
- Get up close and personal to the Top End’s amazing nature and wildlife and enjoy one of the many fantastic attractions on offer.
- Get sky high! Some of the best views of Kakadu are from the air, with scenic flights taking you over the rushing cascades of Twin and Jim Jim Falls, the wetlands and Arnhem Land escarpment.
- Take a day charter and catch a delicious mud crab or the elusive barramundi in one of the many diverse fishing habitats on offer – lush billabongs, big tidal rivers, mangrove-lined estuaries, a scattering of islands and hundreds of kilometres of unspoilt coastline. The best Barra fishing during the wet is usually in the mangrove creeks and estuaries, like those in Darwin Harbour.
- Experience a spectacular electric storm from one of the many harbour side pubs or restaurants with a sea view, test you photography skills and capture the perfect strike.
Let the experienced team at Tourism Top End help you plan your Top End adventures! Our adventure specialists can provide customised itineraries to suit all timeframes and budgets.
Contact us today call 1300 138 886, email firstname.lastname@example.org, pop into the information centre on the corner of Bennett and Smith Streets or visit our website tourismtopend.com.au